The Organic All Purpose Fertilizer
Biosol Forte is an organic based fertilizer consisting of 94% fungal and bacterial biomass, and 6% water. During the manufacture of various antibiotics, enzymes, proteins and related byproducts create a nutrient rich broth that is extracted from the active ingredients. The broth undergoes a second fermentation in which the nutrients are bound in a bacterial biomass. The resulting biomass is amended with bentonite, and combined with 50% fungal biomass, as found in the original Biosol formula.
Biosol Forte is well suited for use in revegetating, as well as maintenance of disturbed lands such as: road cuts, mine sites, ski slopes and construction sites. Biosol Forte is also used effectively for revegetation and soil support for forestry projects. In fact Biosol Forte may be used in similar applications as Biosol, with the exception of Certified Organic Farming.
- Biosol Forte contributes to the cycling of nutrients in the soil by stimulating microorganisms improving soil fertility.
- Biosol Forte stimulates root development permitting the optimum utilization of all nutritive substances added, and it will not burn vegetation even at high application rates.
- Biosol Forte reduces the need for complementary fertilization with water soluble fertilizers, it essentially replaces the need for mineral fertilizers.
- Biosol Forte may reduce or eliminate the need for the addition of costly topsoil to disturbed sites.
- Biosol Forte should be applied topically, or may be added to hydroseeding mixtures for easy application.
Slow release of the organically bound nitrogen provides sufficient supply of all vital nutrients to plants, positively effecting the formation of humus, root mass, and the living microbial biomass. This results in far lower concentrations of nitrate pollution when compared to mineral fertilizers.
Nutrient ratio: N-P-K = 7-2-1
- Revegetation and erosion control: 800-1,800 lbs./acre
- Golf Courses: 2,000 lbs./acre for fairways per year
- Lawns and Playing fields: 33 lbs./1,000 sq. ft. (1/2 bag)
- Garden Preparation: 2 oz./sq.yard (1/3 cup)
- Potted Flowers and Compost: 1/2 oz per gallon (1/8 cup)
- Vegetables: 11/2 oz/sq. yard (3/4 cup)
- Ornamental Trees and Shrubs: 6 oz/sq. yard (1 cup)
- Viticulture: 800-1,800 lbs. per acre
For more information and pricing contact:
(805) 684-0436 x103