GREEN DESIGN ENGINEERING™ AT ITS FINEST
Flexterra® HP-FGM™ represents the pinnacle of Profile’s Green Design Engineering,™ a holistic approach combining agronomic and engineering expertise to produce a broad array of cost-effective and earth-friendly solutions. Illustrated to the right is Profile’s Green Design Triangle, a fundamental component of Green Design Engineering that integrates the three primary natural variables: soil, water and vegetation—with the three pillars of product performance—erosion control effectiveness, growth establishment and functional longevity. To obtain an optimal solution of sustainable vegetation, designers must account for these natural variables while selecting products with the proper balance of performance characteristics to achieve project success, particularly when confronted with harsh soil conditions and severe slopes.
View more details in the Flexterra HP-FGM Brochure (PDF).
Flexterra ® HP-FGM ™ : The pinnacle of Profile’s Green Design Engineering™
Patented Flexterra® High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium™ (HP-FGM™ ) represents the next generation in Flexible Growth Media—proven to surpass all hydraulically applied mulch products and rolled erosion control blankets:
- Immediately effective upon application—bonds directly to soil
- Superior erosion control—99% effective at multiple large-scale testing laboratories
- Less soil preparation, faster lay down and lower installed cost than rolled blankets
- Faster vegetative establishment and greater biomass production than any rolled blanket or hydraulically applied mulch available
- Minimizes soil loss and turbidity of effluent runoff
Flexterra HP-FGM has also proven to be more environmentally friendly:
- 100% recycled wood fibers
- Phyto-sanitized wood fibers eliminate weed seeds and pathogens
- 100% biodegradable man-made fibers
- Naturally derived biopolymers
- Non-toxic components
- No nettings, threads or staples to endanger wildlife
View the Application Guide for ET-FGM, FGM, BFM, SMM (PDF).
For more information and pricing contact:
(805) 684-0436 x14